Fulvio Pendini, Montegrotto Painting, Euganean Hills
70cm x 70cm (dimensions referring to the canvas only) – tempera on paper – 1950s.
Tempera painting on paper from the city of Montegrotto in the Euganean Hills in Veneto, by the author Fulvio Pendini.
Available with the original frame.
Fulvio Pendini (1907-1985) spent his childhood breathing in the smells of the essences of the colors of his painter father and from an early age he began to fill notebooks with drawings and colors. After graduating from the Selvatico, he then attended courses at the Venice Academy for a few years without finishing it. After his military service in 1934 he married Cesarina Bressan who would be his companion for life. Recalled for the Second World War, he left his family in an economic situation that was certainly not comfortable, so much so that on his return he had to accept multiple jobs, but without departing from the field of drawing and painting that he loved, including one of the superintendent who asked him to design the damaged houses for post-war reconstruction. He decorated the Pavilion of the Trade Fair dedicated to the great war which was visited by the king and was increasingly engaged in the decoration of churches and public buildings. Thus it was that he met Cesare Laurenti, Gino Severini and Giò Ponti; the latter two were the architects of a renewal to which Pendini enthusiastically joined. His enthusiasm for painting led him to get up at night and take the brushes in his hand (how many moons in his paintings) indulged by the patience of his wife who let him do it. In 1946 he founded the “crocodile” club which took its name from a bar in Piazza Cavour and which was the meeting place of many Paduan artists. Reaching a certain celebrity he had many commissions from public offices. His a large fresco in the police station, one in the prefecture, at the university in the portico and inside, in the Galleria Santa Lucia as well as various Paduan palaces, the Banca Antoniana, the Carmine church (lunettes) of the Guizza (leaded glass) of the Caffè Pedrocchi (frescoes on the loggias).